An open letter to my sister Katie Malcolm cajoaling her to make use of social media .
I’m really chuffed you are embarking on a career as an independent Speech and Language Therapist after over 20 years in the NHS. When we spoke on the phone I suggested using social media to help in setting yourself up. I know this is probably not your cup-of-tea but here are a few thoughts about what I meant.
I am sure you have an idea about what you want to achieve, here are a few guesses about what I thought you would want: –
- Lots of clients
- For colleague to be able to easily get in touch
- To be connected to all the latest developments in SLT, locally and nationally
- To minimise the outgoings and set up costs
- For your work to be able to quickly respond to changes and opportunities
- To be part of the SLT community, hopefully an influential part. (more…)